If you find this helpful, pay it forward! More after the article...
Your #1 Business New Year’s Resolution
The Sprocket Report
Planning a new website? Committed to a weekly blog post or more active digital marketing? Whatever goals you have for your business in 2016, there is one key resolution every one of us should make – and keep.
A little slowdown during the holidays can give you time to think. Maybe you mulled over all the webinars you watched and all the articles you read during the past year. Some no doubt encouraged you to use new tools and techniques. Others scolded you for being out-of-date or out-of-touch. All probably fired you up with enthusiasm to try something new, something that promises to take your business to the next level.
Entrepreneurial passion is essential to growth, but consider making this your #1 Resolution for 2016:
Too often we get swept up in the latest and greatest tips by well-respected gurus and find our hard work falls far short of the goals we imagined. Instead of trying to pin the blame afterwards, thinking through the process beforehand is a much better use of our precious time.
Know why: You need a website.
- To fulfill online sales? Slow-loading pages, broken links and other issues mean lost revenue, so plan on a serious website investment.
- To back up a professional reputation? A good-looking site with no moving parts may be all you need so you can allocate the rest of the marketing budget elsewhere.
Know why: You need to blog.
- To build search-term-rich pages to boost your website’s SEO? Be sure to write posts that use the appropriate terms and take extra care with your headlines and paragraph structure.
- To build your reputation as an expert? Marketing your blog may take more effort than actually writing it.
Know why: You need social media.
- To get news out quickly? If you have daily deals or events, you’ll want to constantly be where your audience is, whatever platform that may be.
- To stay top-of-mind? You may be more visible if you are interacting on other people’s social media accounts than simply broadcasting from your own.
While this is just a teensy taste of the many ways to make use of today’s marketing, it’s easy to see that you could wind up with some really rotten Return On Investment if you don’t know why you are going through the motions in the first place.
Hand-in-hand with the Know Why resolution has to be Measure. If you don’t measure the results of your efforts, you will never be sure whether or not you met your goal.
You’ll have a zillion other decisions to make this year and that can be exciting as well as overwhelming. As you sort through them all, keep this #1 Resolution in mind so when you’re looking back at 2016’s successes, you’ll know why. Here’s to building our best business partnerships ever! Call today to get started.
Did you enjoy this article? Was it helpful? Insightful?
Then please share it! Post it on your favorite Social Media platform(s) so your followers see it.
It's easy. Just click on any of the social icons below and we'll do the heavy lifting for you.
Oh yeah, leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting!