If you find this helpful, pay it forward! More after the article...
How to Earn a Tweet Carousel for Your Business in Google Search Results
DIY Sprocket Solutions
Appearing on the front page of Google search results is a very big deal to many people in business. Considering Google’s partnership with Twitter in recent years, it’s a great reminder to keep your tweets SEO friendly. Tweets show up in Google search results, so you should utilize this tool accordingly. Taking this step further, certain brands with a very active presence will show up in a carousel unit in Google search results. This means that when you search a brand on Google, if they meet certain requirements and have been selected by Google, their Twitter page will appear in the search results with a carousel of their recent tweets on display.
This is great exposure for any brand. Those searching on Google are not necessarily Twitter users. The results are completely public and Twitter isn’t required for users to see the tweets. You aren’t required to have any sort of advertising campaign to show up in Google’s search results or to earn a tweet carousel. The catch? Not every business on Twitter has a tweet carousel. From Google’s perspective, their goal is to provide the best search results possible to their users. There is only so much space on the front page of Google. If you are a very small presence, with very small interaction and engagement, it’s not valuable enough for Google to use precious screen real estate on providing a tweet carousel for your brand.
So, can you earn a tweet carousel for your business in Google search results? Maybe. The bottom line is that it’s up to Google, but you can certainly give your brand the best possible chance to be chosen and featured.
Here are a few tips on how to earn a tweet carousel:
- Clean up your page – start at the very beginning. What is your Twitter handle? Consistent branding across all of your channels is imperative. Increase visibility and searchability by making sure that your username and handle match your brand page. Next, optimize your Twitter bio. Remember that you are describing your business here. Hopefully, this bio will be showing up in Google search results. So, remember SEO when writing your bio. Your photo should be your brand logo or a headshot if you are an individual in business. The link in your bio is your biggest call to action, shorten the URL and make it land somewhere that counts.
- Tweet Frequently & Consistently – this is perhaps the number one way to earn a tweet carousel. You have to tweet regularly and also consistently. The tweet carousels have a recency component in the algorithm. Tweet several times a day, within business hours to increase interaction, and continue to do so on a regular basis.
- Increase Engagement – Google wants to promote content that is relevant to its users. This means that, in order to be featured, you have to show that people are interacting with your brand. The more people interact with your brand on a regular basis, the higher chance you have to earn a tweet carousel.
- Gain a few hundred followers – you have to have some sort of following to get started. Small brands do have the opportunity to be featured with a tweet carousel as well, but you need to get at least a few hundred followers to show that you are an active and relevant brand.
- Increase Interaction – you are not the only brand on Twitter and you cannot use it as a purely self promotional tool. Interaction with other brands on Twitter will embed you in the community and raise your chances for earning a tweet carousel on Google.
Think of it in terms of tweet volume and regularity, interaction, followers and more. This is likely combined also with the strength and relevance of your website in the context of the search query. There is no guaranteed way, at this time, to ensure that your brand has a tweet carousel on the front page of Google. However, following the above steps is the best way to ensure the possibility for earning one.
Did you enjoy this article? Was it helpful? Insightful?
Then please share it! Post it on your favorite Social Media platform(s) so your followers see it.
It's easy. Just click on any of the social icons below and we'll do the heavy lifting for you.
Oh yeah, leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting!
Breanne is a Content Writer, Social Media Marketeer, and Sales Associate for Sprocket Websites. Other posts by Breanne Bannon