5 Quick Social Media Updates
Now that you are social and keeping in touch with your customers and clients –it’s time to make sure you’re staying up to date. You don’t have to spend a lot of time to stay relevant. Just give yourself a checklist that you can refer back to every other month or so to make sure that you’re updated and appealing to customers the way that you intend to.
Here are 5 quick social media updates that you can run through every few months and give your profiles a refresher:
Have any other updates that you try to run through every so often? Feel free to share them in a comment below!
- Profile Picture: This is the first thing that your followers see when they come to your page. Make sure it’s relevant to your brand, it fits properly in the space allowed, and it sends the right message that you’re trying to get across. Think about switching out your profile picture every few months so your followers have a new image to catch their eye.
- Header Picture and Background Images: Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. make sure that the other photos on your page are cohesive and send a clear message or call to action. Make sure they fit the space provided properly. Rotate these images every few months so that you stay fresh.
- About Section: This is the same as having stale content on your website –you don’t want it. Make sure that you check in on your about section every so often to be sure that you’re providing the most relevant and clear information to your customers. If you move, change your number, get a new website, etc. make sure you update your info right away.
- Links: If you have links to other areas (like a blog, website, or coupon page), be sure that you check periodically to be sure that those links still work and are up to date. You don’t want to send your followers to the nether-regions of the internet and drop them off.
- Check Yourself Out on Mobile: So many people use their mobile devices for a large portion of their online time –especially when they’re checking out social media. Your profiles might not be rendering exactly how you’d like. Every so often, check yourself out via mobile app and make sure that your social profiles are coming up clean and clear.