5 Signs That You Need Help Managing Your Social Media & Online Presence
DIY Sprocket Solutions
We all know by now that being social these days seems to be translated into the average number of comments you give or receive on social media on a daily basis. Whether we like it or not, this is the new norm. Connecting via tweet, blog post, comment, tag, etc. is the new phone call or drop by that we used to give to check in on our friends and clients. Social shifts aside, this digital world is an opportunity for business owners. Online marketing, specifically on social media, is a free admission fish tank full of free bait to dangle in front of fresh fish -I mean customers... The problem is this: there are only so many hours in a day. There, I've said it. The secret is out. You may not have the time to successfully market your business on social media while simultaneously running that same business. Luckily, there are other options.
So, how do you know if you need help?
What are the signs that you may need to hire in someone to grow your online business? Allow me to share...
1. It's not getting done. Well, this one is pretty self explanatory. If you're not currently running any social media campaigns for your company -it's time to start. We don't live in a world where this can continue to be avoided. You are missing out on valuable opportunities to grow your business. If you're not doing it, then someone else needs to. Hire out. Starting yesterday.
2. You just don't have the time. That's understandable. I get it. You're pulling 12-15 hour days as is. You're exhausted. Your kid may have just graduated high school or maybe he was just potty trained -you can't really keep up. Hiring someone to manage your online business growth might be just what you need to see a boost where it counts and get you home for dinner. Or at least before breakfast.
3. You don't know where to start. People who manage social media accounts for clients know how to do it. This allows you to do what you're good at while allowing an expert to come in and do what they're good at. If you don't know what you're doing, and you've given up trying to figure it out, get some fresh blood in there. Find someone who knows what they're doing and help them to help you. It's like someone who's drowning in 2ft. of water. Just stand up my friend; just stand up.
4. You're losing potential customer interaction. You might have someone messaging you on Facebook asking how to order your product. Meanwhile, you're so behind (and Facebook isn't a priority on your list) that your messages haven't been checked in a few months. Timing is of the essence. Maybe you're getting negative reviews online that you've overlooked. In the meantime, the affect is snowballing and potential customers are turning away because of your low rankings. This stuff is important. Get someone in there to clean this up.
5. You came, you attempted, you failed. Maybe you've read every social media marketing article known to man. Maybe you've poured hours and hours every week into making your online campaign a huge success and instead it has royally tanked. If it's been more than a few months and you're still at 5 followers, you need help. It's okay to ask for it and it's probably the smartest move you can make for your company.
Lucky for each and every one of you -help is out there! If any of you feel like you need help starting, maintaining or improving your online business growth, let me know. Leave a comment below or send an email. I'd be happy to work out a plan and get you back on track. For those who are chugging on, full steam ahead - good luck! Be consistent and be persistent.
This article has been updated on 2/16/2021 with the article entitled “5 Signs that You Should Hand Off the Management of Your Social Media.”