If you find this helpful, pay it forward! More after the article...
Poor Search Engine Results? Look at What You Have Compared to What You Need.
Last week was our webinar, Getting Found Online in 2023, which outlined the steps to improve your website’s SEO. Here’s how you can use the replay as a checklist for the tasks you still need to do:
We broke the webinar into three parts, the three areas that work together to help you get found online. Breanne talked about Search Engine Optimization and Social Media Marketing, Don explained some of the technical aspects of a website that affect SEO and conversion, and Jim shared some case studies to show the good things that happen once improvements are orchestrated in all three areas. Here’s a brief overview:
Search Engine Optimization, briefly
- SEO has advantages over paid online ads
- Upward movement in ranking takes constant effort
- Research your keywords, don’t just guess at them
- Use keywords in your website content
- Be indexed by Google
- Build backlinks for authority
Social Media Marketing, briefly
- Reaching people, not robots, is the real goal
- Organic posts build online relationships
- Paid posts find a larger audience for that relationship-building
- Social media traffic drives visitors to your website
Website tech tips, briefly
- Use keywords in your website code as well as in content
- Write SEO-rich page names, page titles, and meta descriptions
- Optimize your h1 tags
- Use all the ways to build trust
- Make your Call To Action clear and frequent
Sprocket Case Study, briefly
- Start with analysis of current website and SEO efforts
- Use research tools to identify the optimal audience and keywords
- Make website changes to incorporate that research
- Use update tools fine-tune online listings and backlinks
- Analyze reports to monitor progress to inform next efforts
Many people get more out of an audio/visual presentation than from a written article like this, so we are embedding the replay of the webinar below for your convenience. Our suggestion is to compare what you have done already for your website’s SEO to the steps we take for our clients. Then you will know where to focus your efforts or what questions to ask when talking to the folks managing your SEO.
If, after watching the video, you find it more than you ready take on right now, then give us a call. We have a number of ways to help and were happy to talk with you about what our team can do and how we work with you to do it.
Photo by Yan Krukau
Did you enjoy this article? Was it helpful? Insightful?
Then please share it! Post it on your favorite Social Media platform(s) so your followers see it.
It's easy. Just click on any of the social icons below and we'll do the heavy lifting for you.
Oh yeah, leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting!