New Year's Resolutions
DIY Sprocket Solutions
That time of year has rolled around again. The holidays are in full swing. We’ve stuffed ourselves to the gills over and over the past two months and now, as we loosen another belt notch and try to squeeze into our new clothes that just fit last week, we make a couple resolutions. We start each year with high hopes for the changes that we believe we can make in ourselves. We resolve for more dieting, more exercise, working harder, studying more, spending more quality time with family, etc. etc. etc. What about your business resolutions? What are you going to do this year that’s going to help your business get that little extra boost it needs? I’ve got a few ideas if you’re not quite sold yet on what your business resolution should be:
- I resolve to give my website a facelift! Maybe you know you’ve got a lot of traffic coming to visit your site, but customers aren’t doing whatever it is that you’d like them to do. Make your resolution a total makeover. Redo content. Rethink color schemes. Add new pictures/graphics/media. Make your site pop! Go back to the drawing board and figure out what your base goals are for your company’s website and then make those goals into realities!
- I resolve to make a name for my business. Perhaps you have a great site, and everyone who visits the site buys right away, but the problem is getting people to know that your site exists! Make your resolution a marketing overhaul and get the news about your company out there. Revisit what you’re doing for social media and what you could do differently. Research avenues of advertising and plan a way to best spend your company’s money. Use a product like Constant Contact to send out newsletters to all existing customers and get them to spread the word!
- I resolve to take my business to the next step! For those businesses that are just getting started, the New Year is a perfect time to take that leap. Design a website if you don’t have one, get a professional business email so you look a little more put together, heck buy some business cards if you don’t have any already. Take the leap. Snatch up a domain name, get your website going, and get in business. What are you waiting for?
- I resolve to reinforce the positive. It’s not always about changing things that aren’t working. Sometimes you need to reinforce ideas that you’ve had that seem to be working. Did you start an ad campaign that is starting to take off? Maybe it’s time to put a little more faith in that and let it grow. Have you started working with social media? Get a little more involved and keep those numbers growing! Is your new 5 page website really getting noticed? Expand it and give the customers what they’re looking for! Make sure that if you start to notice you’re doing something right – give yourself a pat on the back and keep pushing forward. Every small victory counts.
- I resolve to try a different approach. Not every idea is going to take off and explode. I hope I’m not the first to tell you this… but, you’re going to have some flops. Learn to regroup! If you’re social media campaign isn’t working, try to throw in some fresh content by writing a blog. Credit card processing fees getting you down? Try a different company. Website not getting noticed? Maybe you’ve picked the wrong domain name. There can be a million solutions. First you’ve got to realize when you’re flopping and pick yourself back up.
Now that you’ve got a few suggestions, tell me what your business New Year’s Resolution is in the comments below.