Your Social Media Site Does What?
DIY Sprocket Solutions
This article has been updated on 12/21/2020 with the article entitled “Weigh Social Media Platforms for Best Business Boosting.”
Hopefully by now you’re all wrapped up in the world of social media. For those of you who aren’t using social media for your business, have just started using social media for your business, or are still trying to figure out how to best utilize each social media platform –this one is for you.
Here’s a breakdown of what each platform brings to the table and how each platform has the potential to boost your business.
- Over one billion monthly users
- Largest social media network in the world
- Allows you to create a community around your brand
- Customers can give feedback
- You can reciprocate communication between you and your audience
- Allows you to share articles, pictures, video, answer questions/complaints, and interact with your target audience.
- Fast paced – real time updates
- Easily keep updated on industry related news
- 140 characters or less – it’s about quick info sharing more so than a more lengthy community building
- Allows customers to ask questions/give feedback and allows you to monitor this so that you can respond
- Has capability to post updates, share articles, links, and pictures
- Great for making business connections or finding employees
- Allows you to create a professional page of info about your business to display your industry experience/individual products and services
- Page viewers can ask questions/leave feedback
- Different community atmosphere than Facebook –helps promote the expertise of your business and describe what your business has to offer
- Businesses can interact with potential/current customers
- Similar to Facebook but not as big
- Has capability for: updates, photo sharing, chats, messaging, and hangouts (group video chats with up to nine people)
- Google+ Authorship feature: displays your name/image next to blogs that show up in Google search results
- +1 button allows people to rank content on your site/Google+ account (more +1s, shares, comments, etc. = higher Google search rankings)
- Largest video sharing website
- Several billion hours of video watched each month
- Utilize video marketing
- Useful for informative, instructive, or entertaining content
- Can be integrated into other social media platforms
- Showcase your business through images of products/what you do
- Great visual platform
- Allows people to share/comment on your pins
- Ability to create specific boards or areas split up by topic
- Customers can click a picture they like and be linked directly to your website, sales page, etc.
Now that you beginners have a bit of insight into what the big dogs are offering -go out there and make these platforms work for your business. Each is a little different. Each has something unique to offer. All of them are worthwhile to consider depending on your business needs.