Internet Explorer 10 causes menu problems
Thank Goodness we use DotNetNuke!
A client whose site exhibited the symptoms of the Microsoft problem asked why DNN didn't protect her from it. I was able to sing DNN's praises to her ...
"Software changes never stop. Or else we'd still be using Word Perfect on an IBM PC and a monochrome monitor. In a sense, we're all trying to keep up. Sprocket's goal has always been to keep up, even stay ahead, at minimum cost.
We went with DNN to LIMIT problems, NOT to avoid them, because we can't ever completely avoid them.
As for this Microsoft problem, lots of custom-coded websites regardless of using PHP or Cold Fusion or any other language are seeing the impact, and because many of them are not modular, they'll have to go through each page of their website and make corrections. That can cost thousands of dollars.
For us, because we chose DNN, we just pull out the old menu module and insert a new menu module. Granted, it's minor surgery instead of major surgery but it's surgery nonetheless and it takes a little time. But an hour's time to make a correction that others are taking days to fix tells me we made a smart decision to go with DNN.
We're very happy to have chosen DotNetNuke as our platform to provide powerful websites to our many customers at reasonable prices, just like we did for this one. We know DotNetNuke Corporation is selling versions of their software to make money for their stakeholders and applaud them for continuing to spend resources to support the Community Edition.