If you find this helpful, pay it forward! More after the article...
Looking for a simpler photo upload
telerik radeditor image manager too complicated
There are certainly many cool new modules out there for social interaction. And then there's the tried and true ones. Like Forums, for instance.
Forums let you know via email if a new post has happened. Not yet so with the new 6.2 journal. But the journal has a really simple way to add a photo to a post, and the forum has image manager, very powerful but way overly complicated for a quick forum post. We'd like to change that, with the help of the DNN community.
We're looking to add a custom button to the telerik radeditor that, upon clicking it:
- opens the window to choose a file from the local hard drive (as if a Choose File or Browse form button were pressed)
- resizes the uploaded file if necessary so that it's no more than 600px on a side.
- drop it into a folder with a unique name so it doesn't overwrite any other image file in there
- adds an img tag into the editor at the cursor location.
- BONUS adds an href to the original, full-sized image
Does anyone in the DNN community know of a button that does that already? If not, is anyone willing to write it for us? We'd like it to be available for anyone in the ecosystem to use. We can donate, pay, barter. Let's discuss.
We think this function will extend the life of the forums module until the Journal module adds more notification capability.
Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment below or via our contact us form.
Did you enjoy this article? Was it helpful? Insightful?
Then please share it! Post it on your favorite Social Media platform(s) so your followers see it.
It's easy. Just click on any of the social icons below and we'll do the heavy lifting for you.
Oh yeah, leave a comment below. We'd love to hear from you. Thanks for visiting!